Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More on Squirrels and Knitting

I like to give you regular updates** on squirrels and knitting.  Mostly because there is an on-going feud between me and those foul creatures (see this and this), and because a lot of other people really seem to like to knit squirrels.

Like look at this dude from CraftGossip.com (looks like they even had a competition to make one...I missed it)

This is a conversation that happened today:

Me:  I think they should should do an episode with me and squirrels:
http://jezebel.com/5863026/meet-the-poor-lady-scared-to-death-of-kittens

Friend:  That would be frightening. If kittens are the devils pet, what does that make squirrels?

Me:  The devil incarnate

From thedailygreen.com  This one scares the bejesus out of me (mostly because it was identified as a knit squirrel when it is almost certainly crochet...or am I wrong?)

There used to be saber-toothed squirrels:  http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/1103/Saber-toothed-squirrel-from-age-of-dinosaurs-discovered
The reason squirrels freak me out is because they have personalities.  And apparently knitting circles.

And this is a really lucky squirrel.



----------
**update:  After posting this, MattC sent me this link to Squirrel Chips.  I do not condone violence against squirrels, but I'm told they taste like "sweet victory."  Good to know your culinary options.

Was also given this lovely link to a recent Flying Squirrel Invasion.  Now squirrels are even preventing people from seeking medical attention....  

No comments:

Post a Comment