Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Knitterly Dad

Last week, I had some time off before I started my summer internship, so I decided to visit my dad and sister in Syracuse.  They showed me all the cool places they hang out, fed me the best burger and BBQ in town, beat me fair and square in our on-going, years-long air hockey tournament, and took me to the Syracuse Chief's baseball game (which is cool because they are the farm team for the Washington Nationals).

And I got to teach my dad to knit.

He got it pretty quickly.  Especially when I taught him the knitting poem: Up from the bottom, around the back, back down to the bottom and off jumps Jack.  We proceeded to say "off jumps Jack" to conclude activities for the rest of the day.


In just a short period of time he learned to cast-on, knit, purl and and cast-off.  He ended up with a bracelet for my sister.

Not too shabby for a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment