Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Candy Striped

I was spinning on my new wheel before I left Atlanta this spring.  Unfortunately, the wheel doesn't fit in my suitcase, so I don't have it with me this summer.  I did end up with several bobbins of purple and white silk/merino singles.


I plied them together to get some candy-striped yarn.


I think I like it.  Maybe.


It's growing on me.


Mostly because it is super soft and squishy.



About 300 yards of somewhere between fingering and worsted weight yarn.  It isn't obviously purple at first glance, though.


I have more fiber of each color and I am trying to decide whether to make more stripey or if I should make solid colors of each.  Then I could make a kind of color gradated shawl or something.  I guess I have all summer to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment