Wednesday, April 27, 2011

White House Garden Tour

I had the opportunity to go on a tour of the White House gardens this spring (Thanks Ashley and Ben!!!).
Here's my hat again, sitting in a strangely jaunty way....why was it so cold a week ago and now in the 80s?  DC weather makes no sense...


The Cherry Trees were blossoming near the West Wing


From the West Wing you can see the playground that the Obamas installed for Sasha and Malia.

There were beautiful (if very cloudy) views of the Monuments


I got to see Michelle Obama's Kitchen Garden.  This is the most well-organized, weedless garden I have ever seen.  I suppose if you have armies of school children coming to help you out (under the supervision of a park ranger...), you garden is bound to look good.

Across from the garden is a beehive.  Apparently have make something like 140 pound of honey every year and use it to make the White House pastries.  The White House carpenter is the one that takes care of the bees. 

This is my favorite picture.  Hillary planting trees in heels and early 90's shoulder pads
Oh, Hillary.

1 comment: