Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend Update: Birthday Knitting

On my actual birthday last week I did a little of this:
Flambeed s'mores dessert fondue

But on Thursday, I convinced a GREAT group of friends to join me at Looped Yarn Works.  Many of them are not knitters, but all made valiant attempts with the yarn.
Julie was an expert in the knit cast-on.

Judy's mom is a master-knitter...Judy seemed to have picked up some mad skills.

Devon, the beautiful knit demon

Amanda is new to the needles but well on her way to making a baby blanket for her sister's bundle of joy

Nate teaches Kelley how to do the purl stitch.  Porpoise, hilarious, or THE MOST hilarious?
I love you guys!!!  Thanks for the great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I do not see any crown in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy, happy birthday! I love that there is actual photographic proof of my brother holding knitting needles. And not poking them at any one, but using them for the intended purpose. So. Impressed.

    ReplyDelete