Monday, March 30, 2015

Leftie and Socks

Here are more projects I failed to write about contemporaneously.  My mom's birthday is on Christmas day.  It sucks having a birthday on a holiday.  Woe to person who gives a joint birthday/Christmas present or wraps a birthday present in Christmas paper.  So I knit two presents for my mom this year.

The first was Leftie by Martha Behm.

Isn't my mom cute?
This is a cool one because you actually start with just three stitches and add more each row.  It gives the shawl a slanted look.



Every tenth row, you make a leaf on the left edge.


I used fingering weight KnitPicks Chroma, which has a slow color shift.  I'm not sure this color way exists anymore, but you can see it goes from a dark pink all the way to bright orange.



The other thing I knit for my mom was a pair of socks.  The first pair I made was a little too small.  This pair I knit from the toe up (no pattern), so I knew they were going to fit perfectly.



The yarn was something on the fancier side, a merino/nylon blend I believe.  I can't for the life of me remember the brand.


Her feet seem happy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment