Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Leaves

I started this project last summer, but finished it just in time for this one.

The Leaf Paneled Sweater by Karapetyan.  Not entirely what I pictured (it is in the book Runway knits, so maybe I thought it would make me look like a runway model?), but pretty darn close.  I like the peek-a-boo lace down the front, even if it makes it completely inappropriate as work apparel.

The only problem is that is is a smidge, just a scosche, bigger than I would like it to be.  I have flirted with the idea of getting it wet and throwing it in the dryer to shrink it.  I even went so far as to make a swatch and dry it.  But something about this mercerized cotton seems to be impervious to my dryer no matter how hot I make it (that said, I am sure if I ACCIDENTALLY threw it in the dryer, it would come out barbie-sized just to spite me).

I've decided the only solution is to eat more cookies and/or grow a larger bust.  I think these are wise, practical plans.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Trying to figure out what kind of skirt/pants to wear it with...thoughts?

    ReplyDelete