Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Arrivals

I've had several new arrivals lately.  This one is from my friend Pete at the DOT who takes a trip to Iceland each year to take amazing photos of the 24-hour daylight.  He picked me up some lovely Icelandic yarn.
Three skeins are Alafosslopi  a bulky weight.  The fourth is Lettilopi in what appears to be a light worsted (DK maybe?).
Also, I heart the bag it came in.  Viking Sheep.
It is a little scratchier than the yarn I usually tend towards, so I am not entirely sure what to make with it.  Something felted?  Mittens?  More sheep like I did with the last Icelandic wool I got?  Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the colours. And I can attest that felting not only makes the yarn softer, but much warmer too. Jewel tone mittens sound like a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete