Monday, January 2, 2012

A Hat to Be Proud Of

My friend hat a New Year's Eve party that included a contest for best hat.  I have no idea who ended up winning, but this was my entry.

Yes, I am a freak of nature.

And yes, that is a ball of yarn held on my head by a circular knitting needle (size 6 if you were interested).

Not only was this a perfectly acceptable fascinator in the spirit of the British Royal Family, but also doubled as entertainment if things got a little slow at the party.

This was the other hat I am proud of.

A little tiny hat for a 12-week-old baby I met today.  So cute.  The baby was alright, too.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I think I've seen that exact fascinator wandering through Waterloo Station on Lady's Day at Ascot. True fax...Happy New Year m'dear!

    ReplyDelete