Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MD Sheep and Wool Festival

I am going to my first ever sheep and wool festival this Saturday, May 7th.  I could not be more excited.

The festival opens at 9am.  There will be vendors, food,  etc.  The shearing demonstrations are at 11...thrilled!!!  And I am taking a class with this woman: Charlene Schurch.   Lace is not something I think of as needing a class to learn (it's just some yarn overs and some k2tog's, right?) but I am sure there is oodles that I don't even know that I don't know.

I am going to resist buying a whole fleece (because, honestly, what the heck am I going to do with it?  I really hated hand-carding.  And my friends will look at me like I've gone wacko-banunu if I bring a trash bag full of wool home).  Unless I find a nice processor who can explain what I am looking for and will do the processing for me (for a fee, obviously).  Still don't know that I can spin that much wool with my crappy spindle....oh, wait!  I will be going to the vendor booths where I am SURE someone would be willing to let me take a brand new spindle off their hands!  Luckily my class is at the same time as the spinning equipment auction, so I won't be tempted to buy a wheel....

Any requests from folks for things I should bring home to you?  Anyone want to come with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment