Sunday, September 23, 2012

Easter Egg Yarn

I swear I have been knitting and spinning.  I've even taken a lot of pictures to show you and then forget that I still have to post about them.

Way back a million years ago, I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and ended up buying a little bump of Easter-egg colored fiber.  For some reason I didn't make note of what it was at the time and I have long since lost the label for it.  I suspect that it is Corriedale.  I had started spinning it on a spindle, but I wound what I was working on onto a bobbin and worked it up on the wheel instead.
Here is it on the wheel.
The singles were rather pretty.

But I like the finished product, too.  Two-ply, fingering-ish weight.


I had split the bump in different ways so that the same colors wouldn't always line up, but there was still a lot of Lakers yellow and purple going on there (side note: when I was little I wanted to be an LA Lakers Cheerleader.  When law school get annoying, sometimes I wish I had followed through with that...but only sometimes).

It really does look like Easter.

I had extra singles on one bobbin so I made a tiny bit of 3-ply, chain-plied.  The plies on this one are obviously the same colors.  Looks very different.

Ooooo, pretty colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment