Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Luxury Hobo Hat

I took my wee skein of luxury yarn and immediately wound it into a ball.
I have had Jane Richmond's Pasha pattern laying around for a while, so I whipped up a hat.  It was supposed to be in DK weight yarn, but I didn't let that stop me.
 
The yarn was hand-dyed, and apparently still had a lot of dye in it.  It turned my fingers blue.  But, it created this fascinating spiral on the hat.  I kept watching it grow and grow.
 
It is a little bit slouchy.  I did an extra couple repeats of the pattern to compensate for the fingering yarn.  DK really would create a better slouch (rather than the mere flop I have going on here), but I like it all the same.  This is before I blocked it, so the lace will be more pronounced.



 And it only sort of makes me look like a hobo.


 A cheerful hobo with a spirally, hand knit hat.  This is probably going in the Christmas present pile.  Who wants it (aka who wants to make me something in return for an awesome cashmere hobo hat)?

No comments:

Post a Comment