Monday, April 23, 2012

My Sis Awesome

My little sister is awesome.  She is an amazing artist, extremely smart, and a badass feminist.  She produces an art magazine, too, if you wanna take a look here.

She saw some graffiti on the side of a building near where she lives that was, um, sexist bullshit.  The bar owner refused to wash it off or paint over it, so she went a little renegade and fixed it herself.

This was she painted over it.

And here she is with her work.  Looks just like her, right?
Note: I don't usually condone graffiti, but when I have to choose between sexist graffiti and my sister's artwork, it isn't a hard choice.
She sent me a copy for my birthday...any suggestions on how to display it?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. She is GOOD. Art as activism! (And yeah, I hear what you're saying about graffiti. But there's a difference between graffiti art and sexist rude scribblings.)

    ReplyDelete