Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FemEx DC

At the risk of being way too heavy on the repro health this week, I wanted to tell you about a "class" I just joined called FemEx DC.  Starting out as FemSex, a student led sexuality workshop at Berkley, this expanded version now explores the full spectrum of the Female Experience, including reproductive health, sexuality, violence against women, and generally what it means to be a woman in society today.

The DC group I am in will be meeting once a week for 15 weeks in people's homes.  There are about ten of us and a facilitator who leads discussions but really lets us learn from eachother.  While all fairly young, the group seems to be pretty diverse, and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.  There are assignments each week, some consisting of reading, others of more exciting projects (meaning that this is not like a typical Sunday afternoon book club where you eat, yak, and maaaaaybe discuss the book).  My first assignment is a creative coloring project and some reading about female anatomy.  I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment